I've made these a couple of times before and they have always gone down well, so I felt it was time to break out my Primrose Hill Bakery Book once again.
These would be perfect for valentines day.
My recipe below is slightly different to that in the book but still equally as tastey.
For the cakes:
180g caster sugar
240g plain flour
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
125ml skimmed milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
3 tablespoons/half a jar of seedless raspberry jam
1. Cream the butter and sugar for a few minutes until smooth.
2. Add the eggs one by one mixing well after each addition
3. Add one third of the flour and baking powder, mix well.
4. Pour in a third of the milk and mix.
5. Repeat until all flour and milk have been added.
6. Add in the vanilla paste and give it one final good mix.
7. Add raspberry jam and fold it into the mixture to give a rippled effect
8. Spoon into cupcake cases (I get 18 out of this mixture although the book says you will get 12, it really does depend on the size of your cases)
9. Bake for 20mins in an oven preheated to 170c
10. Allow to cool on a wire rack
11. Make a hole in the middle of each cupcake (I use an apple correr)
12. Fill the holes with a teaspoon of raspberry jam, then put the bit of cake you removed back on the top.
Now for the icing:
500g icing sugar
60ml skimmed milk
160g of white chocolate
1. Gradually melt the white chocolate in the microwave and leave to cool slightly.
2. Beat the butter, half the icing sugar and milk together until smooth.
3. Add the rest of the icing sugar.
4. Mix in the melted white chocolate until fully combined.
5. Decorate your cupcakes (I always favour a disposable piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle, Wilton 1M, and then do a reverse swirl to make it look like a rose)
Hope you enjoy.