Wednesday 22 February 2012

Say hello to Herman

I was given a little gift at work today from a fellow cake baker. And his name was Herman. I'd not heard of this before but from my newly learned understanding, this is a chain letter, but instead of paper and words you have flour, milk,sugar and yeast. My little pot smelt all beery and yeasty (not really suprising) I took him home and following the first of my instructions for the next ten days. So now Herman is quite happily bubbling away in a big bowl with a tea towel over him. So for the next two days I simply have to show him a little love by stirring him. Then on the fourth day he'll be fed. I'll keep you up to date with his progress and how he turns out (hopefully rather tasty) If you wanna read a little more about it head over to the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/nov/30/a-friendship-cake-called-herman

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious because my dad's name is Herman & i keep saying "I wanna bake a Herman!" and he keeps getting confused. :P

    ReplyDelete